1935-1957

It was in 1935, the heart of the great depression, when Dr. Moss left State Jewelers and opened Moss Optical on 7th St. near Hennepin Ave. His two sons, Robert and Anthony, soon joined the practice as opticians and the legacy of the family business began.

As their reputation grew, people from all over the state began traveling to downtown Minneapolis to see Doctor George and his sons to get quality eyewear and eyeglasses.

back next